“Sensitive skin is skin prone to inflammation” _ Baumann.
If your skin gets easily irritated and has negative reactions when using some skincare products or eating a certain food, then you have sensitive skin.
Sensitive skin is really hard to take care of because of its reaction to certain ingredients and products as well as the frequent breakouts. Getting that glow and good texture everyone wishes for is not easily attainable if your skin gets irritated fast.
10 signs you have sensitive skin
- Your skin gets irritated often. Detergents, soaps, and other products
- You get reactions from certain skincare products like gels and creams.
- Breakouts are normal for you now
- It is super hard for you to find the suitable skincare products
- Your skin suffers from redness, especially when using products with alcohol contents
- You feel itchy and cracky in your face
- Your skin suffers from dryness
- Peeling of skin is your nightmare
- Acne won’t go away that easily
- Your skin feels like burning when applying certain products
Here’s how you take care of sensitive skin
- Make sure the ingredients you use are gentle and not harsh.
- Steer clear from products that have fragrance
- Choose products that do not contain alcohol.
- Avoid alcohol intake
- Wear gloves whenever you use chemical products
- Go for hypoallergenic products.
- Avoid using nickel as jewellery.
- Change your pillowcase every three days.
- Keep your hair clean.
- Keep your towels clean, always.
- Take short baths with warm water.
- Pat dry or dab yourself.
- Be careful with your exfoliants and the way you use them.
- Wear sunscreen every time you go out