A healthy and hygienic lifestyle is the primary goal of holistic medical practice like Ayurveda. Maintaining personal Hygiene and following a healthy routine will steer clear of a lot of diseases.
A healthy daily routine includes mindful eating, drinking water at fixed intervals, and bathing every day. An imbalance in these basic things can lead to lifestyle diseases.
It is wonderful to think how simple changes and habits in our daily life can transform us into healthy, strong, and positive people.
Top 10 Ayurvedic tips to stay healthy and hygienic
Drink enough water
- Choose detox water like lemon juice and mint in warm water.
- Make sure you drink eight glasses of water per day
- Drink water immediately after you wake up
- Do not drink too cold or too hot water
- Add veggies, nuts, and fruits to your plate
- Have a rich breakfast, and do not skip breakfast
- Do not starve yourself
- Eat-in small portions
- Try to eat food slowly by chewing slowly
- Practice mindful eating
Brush your teeth
- Brush at least once a day; brushing in the morning and night will help you get rid of bad breath.
- Go for herbal toothpaste
- Wash your mouth with salt water once in a while to avoid toothache or damages
Bath every single day
- Wash everyday
- Once or twice a day based on how you feel
- Use warm water to bath
Massage your body
- Massaging your body will help relax your muscles and mind.
- Massage with oil
- Benefits: Increased blood circulation, glowing skin and good for joints, and relieving body pain.
Move your body
- Exercising is fundamental for good health and a secret for looking young.
- Practice yoga in the morning
- Make a regular workout routine
- Walk whenever it is possible
Get some deep sleep
- 8 hours of sleep every night is a must
- Do yoga for good sleep if you suffer from sleeplessness
- Go to bed early and wake up early
- Keep your room and bed clean
Make sure you are not suffering from indigestion.
- Indigestion can cause several health problems and can interfere with your weight loss plans.
- Eat healthy foods, vegetables for good digestion.
- Drink a good amount of water
- Do yoga postures for better digestion
- Spent few minutes every day to meditate
- Prefer morning and outdoor to mediate if possible
- Meditation will help you stay positive for the whole day and do each thing mindfully
- Do not bite your nails
- Do your nails and keep them clean
- Wash your clothes after every use
- Keep your room, house, and surroundings clean
- Follow a skincare routine
- Never forget to take care of your hair
- Try to be kind, positive, and open-minded with people