Maintaining good health is the primary objective of Ayurveda rather than therapy or treatments. So Ayurveda recommends a healthy daily regimen to stay fit.
Ayurveda is a deep understanding of our inner beings and considers your body, senses, mind, and spirit when suggesting a daily routine. This ancient medical practice understands the unique relationship of human beings with mother nature.
Ayurveda medicine is rooted in the connection between natural entities like fire and soul, water, air, sky, and earth, together known as the Panchamahabhootas.
The number one alternative medicine recommends the best daily routine around this understanding and connection with nature. Following Ayurveda will therefore fix or balance your bodily function and make you mentally and physically healthy.
Do’s and Don’ts in your daily life.
- Wake up early, before the sun rises
- Make a morning routine and follow it
- Have healthy breakfast
- Get morning sunlight and spent time in the fresh air
- Get a small morning workout
- Drink plenty of water
Nourishment and nutrition
- Eat a lot of vegetables and fruits.
- Boil water and wait till it gets warm or lukewarm to drink
- Drink enough water a day and do not drink too many fluids
- Drink water whenever you feel thirst
- Have fluids like milk, coconut water, or buttermilk.
- Eat food when you are hungry
- Boil, grill, or steam food to consume
- Make sure your food contains a good amount of fiber
- Eat fresh food
- Wash vegetables and fruits before consumption
- Do not eat too fast or too slow
- Do not starve yourself
- Do not overeat
- Wait for your mind to get clear and ready before eating
- Eat food after your bath
- Avoid processed foods, fries, and oily food.
- Sit while you are eating
- Limit the amount of salt intake
- Avoid too much sugar or sugary beverages
- Avoid heavy works immediately after a meal
- Exercise everyday
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes
- Move your body every one hour
- Use stairs than escalators or lift
- Walk whenever it’s possible
- Give Yoga a try; it can fix bad posture and make your body flexible
- Stay fit and maintain a healthy weight
- Take a bath every day
- Brush your teeth and use natural mouthwashes
- Do your nails
- Shampoo your hair, cut it, and put oils to care from dandruff and hair fall
- Eat clean and healthy food
- Wash your clothes, towels, bedsheets, and pillow regularly
- Keep your house, room, and kitchen clean
- Maintain a clean surrounding
Harmful habits to avoid right now
- Avoid tobacco use/ smoking
- Say not to alcohols
- Don’t Do drugs or any harmful substances
- Do not eat junk food and unhealthy foods
- Avoid waking up late and going to bed late
- Avoid unhygienic practices like not bathing, not cleaning your stuff, or biting nails.