We all know that the number of cases of Depression is rising in the past few years. Social media, beauty standards, lifestyle changes, comparisons with other people, and workaholism are some of the reasons pushing people into this mental illness.
While the main causes of the condition can be genetics, childhood trauma, shocking or extremely sad events, loss of someone you love, or health and fitness.
Depression is not about sadness. All human beings experience sadness at a normal rate, but Depression is when this sadness is persistent and harder for you to escape.
Here’s how you know if you are suffering from Depression or not
This condition can bring variations in your behaviour, such as lack of interest in things that used to make you happy, preferring to stay away from people, hopelessness, self-loathing, and even suicidal tendencies at severe stages.
- Self hate or self-loathing
- Trouble sleeping. Lack of sleep(Insomnia) or oversleeping
- Persistent sadness
- Feeling worthless
- Fatigue or tiredness
- Frustration and irritation over no particular reason or small reasons
- Loss of appetite or overeating
- Excessive anger over small reasons
- Trouble concentrating
- Losing your ability or interest to socialize and interact
- Lack of enjoyment in activities that you previously enjoyed doing
- Headaches, body pain, and other unexplained physical issues
- Increased stress and anxiety
- Over intake of drugs and alcohol
- Blaming yourself over past failures and mistakes
- Feeling tired all the time and inability to carry out everyday activities
- Delusions and hallucinations
- Suicidal thoughts or desire for death, including attempts to suicide
Acupuncture treatment for Depression
It is a condition that requires medical help and counselling to get out of it. Acupuncture offers treatment for this mental disorder, even though the reliability of results is not yet known.
People who see a therapist for depression and taking medications are encouraged to go for Acupuncture treatment if the current practice is not working. When you do this, be careful to talk about it with your current doctor or therapist and seek their advice.
What exactly is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture is one of the best alternative treatments that originated in ancient China. Acupuncture practice is rooted in understanding the human body and the ability to impact your internal organs and functions with just a touch of needle piercing in particular points of your body.
Even though the impact of Acupuncture treatment for Depression is unsure, it is the treatment you can take without any risks or side effects. Also, Acupuncture has been followed for more than 5000 years and has given a consistent result in healing people.